bundy

* Modular * Extensible * Friendly *

[Bundy-hackers] Proposal for realistic review (Re: Bundy source code is now on github)

神明達哉 jinmei at wide.ad.jp
Mon May 12 17:41:36 CEST 2014

At Wed, 30 Apr 2014 21:22:48 +0000,
Shane Kerr <shane at time-travellers.org> wrote:

> Yes, I understand and agree.
>
> > BTW: I just created a github ticket for a request for review:-)
>
> Hm... 1500 new lines. It's going to take a bit of review. :-P
>
> I don't think I'll have time this week, but I'll try to get this
> reviewed before the end of next week.

I'm afraid the review has stalled, understandably as a pure voluntary
effort.  So, as an attempt of finding a reasonable and realistic
balance between the benefit of mandatory review and making progress,
I'd like to propose this:

- the mandatory level of "review" is to build and run unit tests.  It
  must pass (I'd also like to include lettuce tests, but until we fix
  issue #4 it produces so many false positives and are not very
  useful).
- any additional comments/discussions on the code/design level are
  appreciated but not mandatory.
- at this point the branch can be merged to master, but if it doesn't
  get fully reviewed (quite likely in reality), create an issue for
  the review, specifying the merge commit.  if we're lucky, someone
  can volunteer to pick it up and we can complete the review
  afterward.

Comments?

--
JINMEI, Tatuya