bundy

* Modular * Extensible * Friendly *

[Bundy-hackers] Bundy source code is now on github

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Wed Apr 30 00:03:22 CEST 2014

Jinmei,

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:13:33 -0700
神明達哉 <jinmei at wide.ad.jp> wrote:

> At Mon, 28 Apr 2014 21:07:50 +0000,
> Shane Kerr <shane at time-travellers.org> wrote:
>
> > I'd kind of like to keep the basic approach for code review that we
> > had in BIND 10: at least 2 people look at all code that is added or
> > changed. We wanted to keep the policy a lightweight while still
> > covering the important stuff:
>
> To be sure: "2 people" means one developer and one reviewer, not
> having two reviewers in addition to the developer, correct?

Sorry, I see how what I wrote could be confusing. :-P

Yes, I mean all code should be looked at by:

1. The person(s) who wrote it
2. A different person who reviews it

As you know from the BIND 10 work, this can catch bugs (both design and
implementation) and teach everyone involved in a review new things. It
has the side effect of improving knowledge about the code, although
that is possibly not as important if we start to see people who just
want to submit a single change and not actually hack on the system for
an extended time. :)

Cheers,

--
Shane