bundy

* Modular * Extensible * Friendly *

[Bundy-hackers] Bundy source code is now on github

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Mon Apr 28 23:07:50 CEST 2014

All,

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 08:55:28 +0200
Carsten Strotmann <carsten at strotmann.de> wrote:

> the sourcecode of the Bundy software (the former BIND 10 code) is now
> available in a repository on github:
> https://github.com/bundy-dns/bundy
>
> Nothing has been decided on how the collaborative development will be
> organized. There will be a meeting of people interested in Bundy at
> the upcoming RIPE meeting in Warsaw (see
> http://lists.bundy-dns.de/pipermail/bundy-users/2014-April/000002.html)
> where we discuss ideas about future development of the Bundy
> software.
>
> If you have ideas, let us know. This mailing list is a good place.

So, one question is how code gets added and updated.

Right now there are 3 people who can merge into Bundy on GitHub:
Carsten, Jinmei, and myself. I think we are all happy if someone else
wants to be able to merge into the code directly; I'm not sure if there
is any kind of vetting process that we want or not. Maybe stopping in
the IRC and having a chat with us there is a good place to start.:)

I'd kind of like to keep the basic approach for code review that we
had in BIND 10: at least 2 people look at all code that is added or
changed. We wanted to keep the policy a lightweight while still
covering the important stuff:

http://bind10.isc.org/wiki/CodeReviewProcedure

If we want something like this for Bundy we can make it - although
not using Trac tickets... probably we'll just use merge requests from
GitHub.

Cheers,

--
Shane